Class A School Secretary – Arthur Day Middle School – 23C-016 – Term Job at RETSD – Winnipeg, MB
RETSD supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments. We aim to employ a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we work and serve. Indigenous peoples, persons who are differently abled, women, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, and members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, beliefs, or place of origin are encouraged to apply and to identify their employment equity status in their cover letter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic. RETSD will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are disabled and who may experience barriers during the interview and assessment process, upon request.
Bulletin No. 23C-016 August 10, 2022
Arthur Day Middle School Class A – School Secretary
Full-time term position (school year schedule)
7 hours per day; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Effective: August 29, 2022 – June 30, 2023
*Or one day prior to the return of the incumbent
Summary: Provides secretarial support by performing a variety of routine secretarial duties and administrative assignments as coordinated by the senior office secretary and, if applicable, assists staff, students, parents, and visitors.
- Assisting with student registration, timetable preparation and computer scheduling
- Assisting with school budget control and requisitioning
- Assisting with the school fund accounting
- Providing telephone, photocopying, fax, and mail services
- Assisting with compiling data and preparing reports
- Providing secretarial help as may be required by the head secretary and/or school administration
- Education and experience: o A high school diploma and at least 6 months of administrative experience or formal training in office administration OR an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Communication and interpersonal skills: o Excellent written and verbal communication skills o Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with staff and management and deal effectively with the public o Respect confidentiality of work
- Computer skills: o Excellent knowledge of Office 365 o Word processing (minimum of 45 w.p.m.) o Experience with CIMS Connect and Tyler Student Information System is an asset
- Organization and time management: o Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi- task in a high-volume environment o High degree of initiative o High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- External applicants, upon hire, must supply a Criminal Record Search, and a cleared Child Abuse Registry check
This is a CUPE 4587 position.
Consideration for this position is not necessarily limited to those who apply.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – 2:00 p.m.
Salary range: $21.80 – $25.69 per hour
Externalcandidates must apply online through Job Connect.
Please visit our website at www.retsd.mb.ca – Careers.
Internal candidates must apply online through Employee Connect > Job Tab.
Mail or Email applications will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.80-$25.69 per hour
About the Company
Company: RETSD –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB