Educational Assistant (2 positions) Job at Palliser Regional Schools – Coaldale, AB
Temporary Full-Time Educational Assistant
Location: Jennie Emery Elementary School
Anticipated Start Date: August 23, 2022
Assignment: Educational Assistant
End Date: June 28, 2022
FTE: As per work schedule
Palliser Regional Schools is committed to engendering and supporting the values of the broader society: empathy, integrity, respect, trust and responsibility. If the children of this community are to realize these values, the division acknowledges its responsibility to provide an exemplary education.
Located in the Town of Coaldale and supporting Kindergarten to Grade 4, Jennie Emery Elementary School is currently seeking two temporary, Full-Time Educational Assistants to join our team of support professionals.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary certificate or recognized vocational certificate in child care/development or behaviour management with demonstrated successful practicum experience working with students with special needs
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related education and directly related experience may also be considered
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates (Child CPR Certificate is a strong asset)
- Provides educational instruction for students and supports students with accessing technology.
- Provides input into planning the student’s Individual Program Plan. Participates, as required, as a member of the student’s learning team in periodic meetings with the students, parents/guardians to review goals and develop revisions. Collects data to support student growth and the IPP development.
- Maintains an effective professional working relationship within the student’s learning team by providing suggestions to the Teacher based on experience and knowledge of the students, with respect to ways to help the students reach their goals, including recognition of the support a student needs to reach their unique goals.
- Communicates with parents and the student’s learning team members, to provide information of interest and receive information that may impact the child’s progress.
- Facilitates and encourages the development of the student’s self-esteem and independence through established programs and techniques deemed appropriate for the individual student.
- Encourages students to develop and maintain positive interaction.
- As required, provides personal care including toileting, diapering, feeding, dressing, grooming, etc. ensuring that student dignity is maintained. Attends to physical needs including lifting, positioning and range of motion programs as identified by appropriate personnel.
- Ensures the safety of students in the school and community, which includes maintaining close supervision of students, ensuring student equipment is sanitized and put away, retrieving students who attempt to leave their learning environment; calming and/or restraining students engaged in challenging behaviours; supervising and assisting students who utilize a variety of life skills tools (i.e. scissors, cooking utensils, etc).
- Maintains confidentiality, and a patient, supportive and enthusiastic commitment to students.
- Maintains collegial relationships with the student’s learning team.
- Works with students in a variety of settings in the school and community, including assisting in the supervision of students at breaks or on field trips as required.
- Assists with and sanitizing educational tools and clean up in the classroom resulting from spills and other accidents.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Successful Criminal Reference Check, including vulnerable sectors (within 3 months of contract start date).
To apply for this opportunity please complete an application through the Palliser School Division recruitment portal. Please ensure you attach the following documentation to your application:
- Cover letter directed to Curtis Uyesugi, Principal, Jennie Emery Elementary School;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the superintendent or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
Mr. Lloyd Boody, Director of Human Resources
Palliser School Division
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$22.27 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Expected start date: 2022-08-23
About the Company
Company: Palliser Regional Schools –
Company Location: Coaldale, AB