Full Time 3K Teacher – The Academy of St. Paul and St. Ann Job at Archdiocese of New York – New York, NY
Full-timeEstimated: $32,000 – $43,000 a year2 hours ago
Full Job Description
- 16-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Manhattan – The Academy of St. Paul and St. Ann
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Time 3K Teacher
The Academy of St. Paul and St. Ann, Manhattan, NY
3K For All Lead Teacher
- BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- One of the following New York State teaching certificates:
- Early Childhood (Birth – Grade 2);
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6);
- Prekindergarten – Grade 6 (P-6); or
- Students with Disabilities (Birth – Grade 2)
- Candidates on a Study Plan may apply
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the Catholic school community of The Academy of St. Paul and St. Ann, the 3K for All program is seeking a Lead Teacher. Candidate will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Provide students with an age-appropriate nurturing, safe, and engaging learning environment to support their social, intellectual, physical, and emotional development
- Provide classroom instruction based on NYC 3K Explorations Units of Instruction
- Develop unit, weekly and individualized lesson plans in line with program goals and policies
- Differentiate instruction to build upon individual strengths and interests of each child.
- Implement remote learning instruction when needed.
- Regularly assess the progress of each child and use the data to plan for instruction
- Implement positive behavior management support aligned with Archdiocesan and NYC DOE guidelines.
- Work closely with school administration, Archdiocesan and NYC DOE coaches and teaching partners to provide high quality early childhood instruction.
- Provide services to all children and families with respect, compassion and confidentiality while exhibiting knowledge of and sensitivity to the educational, cultural and socio-economic needs of the children and families served in the program
- Assist and collaborate with the teacher assistants and aides
- Support and maintain positive partnerships within the school building.
- Participate in Professional Development sessions as provided by the NYC DOE and the Archdiocesan Office of Early Childhood.
- Communicate frequently with families regarding the extension of learning at home
- Partner with families in supporting the success of each child
- Respond to parent concerns and requests with professionalism and as a partner in the education of each child.
- Additional duties as required or assigned
WORK SCHEDULE & SALARY
As per Teacher Collective Bargaining Agreement
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Archdiocese of New York –
Company Location: New York, NY