Manager/Teacher Job at Newington Nursery – Edinburgh
Newington Nursery school is wishing to appoint a teacher manager to join its team of professional, enthusiastic and caring practitioners. Situated in Mayfield Salisbury Church Hall in the heart of our community, this is an exciting opportunity to join a unique organisation. Run by a board of trustees, we are a charitable organisation with an ethos of friendships, inclusion and learning through play. We open during term time and enrol up to 24 children aged between three and five.
The successful applicant will lead the team with the support of the board of trustees and an experienced team of EYPs and, with the assistance of our deputy manager and teacher. As part of the senior team you will be responsible for fulfilling the day to day management of the nursery and delivering a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan and deliver a rich play learning environment and provide exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meet their individual needs.
· Ensure daily continuous provision, with consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children both indoors and outdoors.
· Lead, mentor and inspire the team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide positive feedback to create a consistent approach. This will include monitoring online journals, children’s observations and tracking files and floor books, holding regular staff meetings and conducting annual appraisals.
· Support children’s smooth transitions when joining the nursery and moving to primary school. Complete transition reports and conduct consultations with parents to update them about their child’s progress.
· Encourage parents to become involved in their child’s play experiences and help them to understand the ethos of our community nursery and the important role families play.
· Designated Support for Learning Lead, with responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies.
· Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered to whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
· Promote and follow guidelines implemented for positively managing behaviour.
· Continually work in professional partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
· Ensure all essential day to day tasks, risk assessments and record keeping are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. hygiene standards, room preparation, medical and accident forms.
· On behalf of the nursery, build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with outside agencies such as Edinburgh City Council, the Care Inspectorate and Education Scotland and representatives of Mayfield Salisbury Church.
· Write, monitor and evaluate the yearly SQIP, lead inspections and consultations.
· Previous experience of working in a senior lead role within the Early Years sector, preferably with preschool aged children (3-5).
· Sound understanding of the Curriculum of Excellence early level, Realising the Ambition, HGIOELC, GIRFEC, UNCRC and My world Outdoors.
· Commitment and willingness to continue to develop and share professional learning with colleagues.
· Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection. The successful applicant will be required to undertake level 4 training and support for learning training.
· Knowledge and understanding of wider legislative requirements and key documents
· BA in Childhood Practice or equivalent professional qualification. Willingness to register with the SSSC/GTCS, or evidence of your current registration.
Full time hours: 8.15 a.m. – 3.00 p.m. Monday – Friday term time (38 weeks)
Annual Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience, plus discretionary bonus.
Hours negotiable – potential to work part time
Reference ID: Manager 21
Application deadline: 01/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
We ask staff to wear a mask at present when social distancing is not possible and have access to twice weekly lateral flow tests
- Management in Childcare: 2 years (preferred)
- PVG and SSSC or GTCS registration (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Newington Nursery –
Company Location: Edinburgh