Primary School Teacher Job at Lynn-Rose Schools – Mississauga, ON
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER
Lynn-Rose is an private IB World School (part of International Schools Partnership) servicing the needs of our community’s children since 1997 in Mississauga, ON. We admit students from Pre-K (3-year old’s) to Grade 12 offering a full range of the Ontario Curriculum, and the IB Continuum.
Lynn-Rose is committed to providing a world-class education in a stimulating environment designed to enrich student ideas and willingness to learn. We are dedicated to providing a firm foundation of academic excellence and equity with the most effective teachers in place to nurture the knowledge, skills, and ethics required for responsible citizenship. Lynn-Rose embraces a school culture where students are supported to reach their personal potential; we cultivate lifelong learners in a multicultural community that promotes and values respect, international mindedness, leadership, confidence, strength, wisdom, and integrity.
Lynn-Rose offers a nurturing and stimulating environment where students are treated with respect preparing them for future success. At Lynn-Rose, students thrive within our outstanding academic curriculum and will have the opportunity to explore the arts through creativity, music, and drama. Beyond the classroom our students are encouraged to join our sports and outreach programmes and participate in field trips.
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is creating a leading learning-centered international family of private schools that provide high quality education for 2–18-year-olds. ISP has grown rapidly over the past 6 years and is now one of the largest schools’ groups globally and currently has 48 schools, delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations, operating in 6 regions with ambitions to be 75-100 schools within 5 years. With over 45,000 students and 7,000 staff, it is a complex group and one which is growing very rapidly both through investment in its existing schools, opening new schools and through acquiring schools.
The North America region currently has 8 school sites, offering a combination of international and national curriculum to nearly 2,400 students across 6 schools in the USA and 2 in Canada.
ISP’s vision is to be an international schools’ group of quality and scale recognized across local communities and the education sector for amazing learning, ambition and growth. We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning first, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Progressively, our goal is to position our schools as the leading School of Choice in their local area.
Lynn-Rose is currently looking for a Primary Grade Homeroom Teacher. The successful candidate for this position will be expected to:
- teach various subjects as related to the primary Ontario and IB curriculum with the exception of Music and French;
- prepare lesson plans as required;
- have a good understanding of Growing Success and Ontario Curriculum;
- monitor and report on student progress;
- communicate with parents on student academic progress;
- work in the development of the IB Programming;
- participate in professional development and staff meetings;
- work collaboratively with team members on school initiatives and programming;
- exhibit excellent planning and organizational skills.
- University Degree or equivalent working experience in subject areas
- Member of the Ontario College of Teachers in good standing is an asset, but not required
- experience working in an IB school is an asset
- Have a good understanding of Growing Success and Ontario Curriculum
- Have familiarity with In-classroom Learning Technologies and applications
- Be able to integrate and work in a positive team player environment
- Be able to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Have excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
This is a full-time role with the opportunity for professional growth and career stability. The school provides a competitive salary range. All candidates will be given equal consideration, however, only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please inform us if you require any accommodations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applicants from all qualified individuals.
Lynn-Rose Schools (part of International Schools Partnership) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
All Covid-19 precautions/protocols are in place
Application deadline: 2021-10-08
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Strict COVID-19 Protocol is in effect.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
About the Company
Company: Lynn-Rose Schools –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON