Special Education Teacher Job at Children’s Square USA – 2.4 Council Bluffs, IA
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide an educational program for severely Behavior Disordered youth as developed and indicated on the student’s IEP. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for the development, implementation, design, delivery, and evaluation of instruction to students. The Special Education Teacher provides on‑going communication, documentation, and the monitoring of progress of student goals and objectives through reports to team members, parent(s)/guardian(s), home school district, residential staff and others, as appropriate. The Special Education Teacher provides day-to-day supervision of the Youth Workers.
- Provide an appropriate educational program and instruction for students as developed through each IEP, including a transition plan. Develop and monitor measurable objectives for the IEP.
- Develop curriculum, adjust and adapt curriculum as needed and create instructional material to support the curriculum.
- Serve as a case coordinator and home room teacher in the areas of: IEP Intake meeting; annual IEP review; three year re-evaluation process.
- Promote a positive learning atmosphere that enhances a learning environment for all students and a positive team environment.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner with teachers, administrators, residential staff, students, support personnel, parent(s)/guardian(s), and professionals from other community schools and agencies. Prepare reports that communicate student progress to staff, parent(s)/guardian(s), and other professionals as appropriate.
- Maintain pertinent information in student records. Treat student information confidentially and disseminate according to agency policies and procedures.
- Supervise and direct the daily duties of Youth Worker(s) assigned to the classroom. Provide initial and on-going training to the Youth Worker relative to the Youth Worker position.
- Participate in student evaluations through appropriate testing and other activities.
- Attend and actively participate in all appropriate meetings, conferences and staffings.
- Complete job-related tasks or responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Complete training required for position.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with Special Education Endorsements for teaching Behaviorally Disordered students.
- Must meet certification standards established by the Iowa Department of Education.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to develop appropriate curriculum, deliver classroom instruction and manage student behavior.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and possess computer skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Valid drivers license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance.
- If required and authorized to drive personal auto on agency business, must have automobile insurance that meets agency policy.
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is a private, not-for profit organization. Founded in 1882, Children’s Square U.S.A. has a rich history of caring for children from birth to 23 and their families, instilling hope and helping to restore lives.
Our mission: Building a bright future for children and families.
Our vision: To be a center of excellence empowering over 2,000 children daily to have a bright future through social and emotional wellness by December 31, 2031
Our employees are the heart of who we are. If you have an interest in truly making a difference in the life of a child, Children’s Square U.S.A. may just be what you are looking for. Our mission-focused programming impacts the lives of over 1000 children and their families each and every day. Be a part of team that cares and comes to work each day with the desire to build a better tomorrow for a child.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Children’s Square U.S.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Intensive Care Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- New Child Leave
- Unpaid Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Retirement Program
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Nursing Services on Campus
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Children’s Square USA – 2.4
Company Location: Council Bluffs, IA