Summer Day Camp Assistant Teacher (NYC) Job at NORY – New York, NY
Hi there! NORY Summer Camp is one of the largest, go-to STEM Summer camps for young children (3-12yo) in NYC. Our programs are fun and inspiring with an immersive experience like Disney World.
We are looking for a rock-star Summer Camp Assistant Counselor:
You are the unsung hero of your classroom. Your lead teacher relies on you. With your help, each child receives customized support they need. Your whole class dives into each project with full preparation. A rock-start assistant counselor makes a rock-star lead teacher, which results in an unforgettable summer experience.
We set our bar very high. If you are a purpose-driven overachiever, you will have a meaningful time with us.
Why Should You Teach at NORY Summer Camps?
- Free Professional Development: Receive NORY’s renowned STEM training and learn from its curriculum
- Additional Teaching Opportunities: Summer camp teachers receive teaching offers in many of NORY’s enrichment programs (afterschool, pods, holiday camps, events, etc.)
- Safety: Safe teaching environment with small class size that will follow all CDC recommended COVID-19 safety precautions for schools
- Location: All sites are conveniently located near trains and busses
- Network: Meet other teachers and be around a great group of people!
- Plus, great additional income source on off-school days : -)
- No experience required. We prefer 1+year experience, but hey, everyone starts somewhere! We have a thorough training program for those who love learning & growing : -)
- Love children. Empathetic and caring.
- Ability to turn any boring activities into exciting games
- Funny storyteller & Positive problem solver
- Support strong classroom and behavioral management skills
- Must be punctual and professional
- You do NOT need to have a background in STEM. We train you as long as you are open to learning new things!
What Each Day Will Be Like
- Assisting your lead teacher by providing individualized support to campers and setting up materials.
- Being the shining example of our NORY Core Values of inquisitiveness, empathy, and resilience. You set the tone and the campers follow you!
- Celebrating your campers’ growth and awesome mistakes!
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone in your classroom
- Finding creative ways to “make it work”
- Working with an amazing team of teachers from all walks of life
- Hours? M-F 7:45-4:15pm. The camp runs from 9am-3pm and we leave ample time before/after the camp hours to prepare for a peaceful & successful day : -)
- Should I be available for the whole summer? Nope! We can be flexible as long as you have 4+ weeks of availability.
- Compensation? $135.00/day
- Location? 6 locations in Manhattan, 1 location in Downtown Brooklyn, 1 location in Long Island City
- Do I need a STEM background? No. We train our teachers in all subjects of STEM. As long as you are enthusiastic about learning, we are happy to train you.
What is NORY?
NORY is New York City’s favorite summer camp with 9 campsites throughout NYC. You can join us this summer to lead an exciting group of young, energetic teachers to shape young minds through awe-inspiring STEM projects and lots of fun! Our core values of resilience, intuitiveness, and empathy nurture purposeful problem-solving in children.
What it’s like to work with NORY:
We are a company that seeks joy in all aspects of our work. We are purpose-driven and strive for excellence. We value the “how to make it work” attitude. We empower our employees to be risk-takers; to try new things that enhance the NORY core values. Above all, we strive to develop our NORY Core Values in all the children we work with by demonstrating them through our daily interactions.
If your heart races at the thought of spending a summer with us, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & personalized cover letter.
If you have a very special reason to work with us, write us a personalized email at peter at nory.co
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135.00 per day
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience with Children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: NORY –
Company Location: New York, NY